Department: Hanna Institute/ Hanna Center
Job Title: Multimedia Learning Designer
Supervisor: Hanna Institute Assistant Director of Training and Consulting Status: Exempt
The Multimedia Learning Designer’s responsibilities include partnering with subject matter experts and other key stakeholders to create detailed, engaging curriculums and quality resources, though innovative, interactive, and engaging digital experiences. In partnership with our instructional design team, you will enhance and create detailed and engaging curriculums and demonstrate a passion for continued learning and technology. This position must understand adult learning theory in multiple formats (asynchronous, synchronous, hybrid and live instruction). The designer must also understand the creation of multimedia and digital enabled elements (e.g., videos, graphics, images, and cinematic design) and be prepared to collaborate with a wide range of internal and external partners.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Assess HI’s e-learning needs and opportunities to achieve revenue goals and position HI as an industry thought-leader in digital and hybrid learning
- Graphic Design experience
- Establish creative direction for multimedia and graphic design by integrating digital learning into curriculum to enhance engagement.
- Conduct research and collaborate with subject matter experts to design, produce and launch engaging and user- friendly asynchronous and hybrid e-learning courses and supporting resource.
- Launch and manage a cloud-based Learning Management System
- Standardize design, production and launch processes and procedures to ensure efficiency in the development of high-quality products
- Evaluate the effectiveness and success of our digital learning efforts to continuously improve effectiveness and accessibility
- Stay abreast of industry innovations and surface opportunities for HI to push the boundaries of engaging, interactive, and effective digital learning
- Establish feasible timeframes to achieve the goals and objectives outlined in the curriculum.
- Create stimulating lesson plans and develop a range of digital resources to optimize classroom learning and ensure ongoing learning outside of formal settings.
- Expand networks of curriculum designers, educators, and other professionals to collaborate and create new learning resources.
- Set up tests, exams, and other formal and informal assessments to gauge the effectiveness of curriculums
- Lead the development and execution of data visualizations through infographics, charts, graphs, videos, and other creative means.
Knowledge Skills, and Abilities
- 3+ years of digital curriculum implementation and experience
- 3+ years of nonprofit program development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Proactive and action-oriented personality; strong sense of pace and urgency.
- Ability to synthesize verbal and written sources of information and data into coherent proposals and program design.
- Deep commitment to equity, social justice and improving individual and community health and well-being.
- Ability to select appropriate instructional methods, defining time frames and preparing training materials in digital format.
- Ability to manage multiple competing deadlines in a fast-paced and supportive environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong research skills.
- Experience in Kajabi preferred
- Flexibility in approach and ability to adapt to changing conditions and priorities.
- Proven problem-solving skills and solutions-focused attitude.
- Enthusiasm and passion for Hanna’s mission and programs.
- Deep understanding and value of community and population being served.
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong database skills, Salesforce preferred.
- Demonstrate willingness continue to learn, grow, and develop personally and professionally.
- Valid CA state driver’s license.
- Must clear background check for a Community Care Licensed facility, including physical, tb and drug test, proof of COVID vaccination/booster or verified religious or medical exemption.
- Sit for extended periods of time and the ability to manage repetitive hand/wrist movements while using a computer keyboard and/or the phone.
- Bend, squat, stoop, and walk-up flight of stairs.
- Lift and/or carry up to 20 lbs., occasionally. Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal.
Please submit samples of your work through your online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org